Ministry Title: Accompanist
Weekly Hours: 5-6 hours/week
1-1.5 weekly choir rehearsal - Wednesday night
.5-1 hr. - Sunday morning warm-up
1- 1.5 hr. - Sunday morning Worship
1-2 hr. person practice time
Reports to: Director of Music Ministries
- Supportive of the Senior Pastor’s goals.
- Have access to the SPRC via her/his liaison.
- Read and agree to the Church of the Master Employee Handbook.
Expectation and Regular Duties:
- Choir rehearsals Wednesday evenings throughout the September through June choir season.
- Accompany choir for anthems and cantatas.
- Accompany soloists throughout the season in consultation with the Director of Music Ministries.
- Be present for the choir warm-up and 11 a.m. worship during the choir season.
- Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, and Christmas Eve services are required unless special
provisions are made in consultation with the Director of Music Ministries and Senior Pastor.
- Extra rehearsals/services outside of this job description may be necessary, but will be
compensated in addition to the contracted hours.
Education and Experience:
- Piano and organ proficient
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred.
Holidays and Vacation:
- Granted in accordance with the Employee Handbook and the United Methodist Book of
Inquiries and Resumes:
- Qualified candidates will be asked to audition, including prepared pieces (in consultation with
the Director of Music Ministries) and sightreading.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.