In this role, the Choir Director will recruit and develop musicians, and direct the music
ministry for the traditional services at Trinity United Methodist Church.
Position: Choir Director
Accountable to: Senior Executive Pastor
▪ Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
▪ Model standards and expectations of leadership and staff
▪ Have/Maintain a thorough awareness of Wesleyan theology
Education and Experience:
▪ Proven track record of success in a paid choir director
▪ Proven fruitfulness with the ability to lead/supervise teams
and a choir.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
▪ Able to create a faith-filled vision and direction for all
aspects of the music ministry.
▪ Capable and gifted teacher of music.
▪ Strong, dynamic interpersonal skills with the ability to
identify, invite, motivate, inspire, equip and encourage paid
and unpaid servant teams.
▪ Thorough knowledge of standard, quality choral literature,
appropriate for traditional worship.
▪ Demonstrated passion and commitment to spiritual growth
both personally and as part of this position.
▪ Systems thinker, planner and implementer.
▪ Awareness and sensitivity to what makes worship effective.
▪ Organized leader with ability to operationalize an action
▪ Ability to partner with musicians to support the ministry and
keep the congregation informed of music needs and goals.
▪ Self-starter, able to work independently under minimal
▪ Strong overall written and spoken communication skills.
▪ Expertise and continuous inquisitive learner in the
congregation and music ministry to match needs and plan
▪ Lead people of all ages in the congregation in music-making
experiences so they: grow in the Christian faith and music’s
role in that faith, develop and strengthen their relationship
with God, and become better equipped for daily living as
faithful Christian disciples.
▪ Give vision, leadership and oversight to all aspects of Music
Ministry (e.g. Sunday morning worship, periodic weeknight
programming, special events, etc.).
▪ Develop strong unpaid servants and leadership teams to do
the work of the ministry by implementing dynamic recruiting,
development, motivating, and support systems that will in
turn sustain the music ministry and equip disciples to grow
in their faith.
▪ Support and partner with musicians in their spiritual
▪ Work with the pastoral team and guide the selection of
relevant music to coordinate and enhance worship service.
▪ Make daily ministry and administrative decisions on behalf
of the music ministry.
▪ Oversee the department budget and expenditures in
partnership with the business director and senior executive
▪ Role model professionalism and faith in actions.
▪ Regular attendance and involvement in weekly worship
planning when possible and additional church activities.
▪ Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
senior executive pastor.
Salary to be determined by education and experience.
1581 Cambridge Boulevard, Columbus Ohio 43212