Asbury United Methodist Church in Delaware, Ohio, seeks to hire an organist to begin on June 1, 2018. Deadline for application is March 1. This position is available due to the retirement of the current organist. The organ is a three manual, 25 rank instrument, built by the Johannes Klais company and was installed in 2007.
1) Playing for the weekly 10:45 worship service
2) Accompanying the Chancel Choir at the Wednesday evening rehearsal from 7-8pm
3) Accompanying the Chancel Choir at the Sunday morning rehearsal from 9:30-10:25am
4) Accompanying the Teen Choir. Currently the choir practices from 5:30 to 6:00pm on
Wednesdays. The schedule may vary.
5) Accompany/perform on Arts Series events, as needed.
6) Participate in one or more of the eight First Thursday Noontime Recital Series programs.
7) Playing for weddings and funerals
8. Playing for seasonal services: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Vigil, and Christmas
Eve (2 services)
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
For a more detailed description, see the church website at asburyohio.org.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience in church music/service playing is essential.