TOPIC: ORGANIST -St. Luke's Church, Granville
ORGANIST -St. Luke's Church, Granville 3 weeks 5 days ago #61
St. Luke’s Church – Episcopal of Granville (Ohio) is seeking a part-time Organist to begin by or before July 31, 2018.
About St. Luke’s Church and its Music Ministry:
St. Luke’s Church is a faithful community of Christians that worships in a landmark building consecrated in 1838 and our doors and hearts are open to all who visit. We practice what St. Benedict taught his monks and their households: “All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ.”
St. Luke’s offers a vibrant multi-generational choral music program in the Anglican tradition. The primary ministry of the choirs at St. Luke’s lies in their role as leader, supporter and teacher of the congregation in the singing of the hymns and service music. The choirs also offer choral voluntaries; the repertoire being drawn from all musical periods. Anthems from England and America form the core, and music of other nationalities and times are included for balance. The organist is an essential partner of the ministry of the choirs, musicians, and the congregation.
Schantz-Muller Pipe Organ
The main instrument used in worship. Two manuals, 18 ranks of pipes, including a floating “Choir” division. Reconfigured with additions in 2012 by Muller Pipe Organ Company, installed in 2013. Originally, the organ was three separate free-standing instruments, redesigned and revoiced by Muller to make one cohesive instrument. Full specifications are available upon request.
1913 Steinway “Parlor” Grand Piano
A gift to the church in 2010, the Steinway had been mechanically restored by Ben Wiant at some point around 1990. It’s a concert level piano – very mellow, dark tone, which suits the bright acoustic of St. Luke’s perfectly.
• Under the direction of the Directory of Music, play the organ and/or piano for two weekly Sunday services (usually 9:15 & 11:00 AM during the program year, 10 AM during summer) including a prelude, postlude, hymns, choral accompaniments and incidental music as requested.
• Play the organ and/or piano at special rehearsals with adequate prior notice by the Director of Music in support of usual or special worship events.
• Play the organ and/or piano for special worship events, including Christmas Eve, Holy Week and Easter, as mutually agreed upon with the Director of Music and ministerial staff.
• Recommend preludes, postludes, special music, or hymns as requested by the Director of Music or ministerial staff.
• Play (or oversee the use of) the organ and other church instruments for weddings and funerals held in the church.
• Oversee care and maintenance of the organ and other church instruments within budgetary limits.
• Recommend substitute and guest musicians to the Director of Music as appropriate when arranging absences.
• Knowledge and skill in service playing (especially in leading congregational song) and a varied organ repertoire appropriate for services throughout the church year.
• Skill in choral, solo, and instrumental accompaniment.
• The candidate must also possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Adequately pass a standard background check.
The salary for this position is currently set at $13,812.00 with four weeks vacation (five Sundays) annually and $500.00 reimbursement annually of expenses for professional development. The organist shall be permitted to use the facilities of the institution (organ and pianos) for private teaching. Additional compensation is provided for playing for weddings and funerals.
Please submit a resume, references, and any links to recordings of representative choral and organ performances to the attention of the Director of Music. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Church website: www.stlukesgranville.org
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds